Vegan Shami kebab
Makes kebabs for frying or grilling. Goes well in burgers.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, well-rinsed and mashed
- 1 can black beans, drained, well-rinsed and mashed
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, grated (around 1-1.5 cups grated)
- 1 beetroot, grated
- 2-3 brussel sprouts, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 bunch finely chopped coriander
- 2 spicy chillis finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic (crushed from bottle)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt (or 1/2 for salt haters)
- 1 cup quick oats or rolled oats
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- After draining and rinsing the chickpeas and/or black beans, place them in a bowl and mash them with a super strong masher or use a food processor. Don't over fine them. Need some texture.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl.
- Use your hands to mix very well.
- Make 7-8 patties and place on oven paper.
- Cook on the BBQ for 5-8 minutes each side or until looking awesomely grilled.
- You can also fry these in a pan with some oil for 3-5 minutes a side.
Make patties and freeze for later, leave out to thaw for 2 hrs before cooking.