Sprouted Daal (lentils)
A faster daal recipe. 30 min, good for 3 ppl, 4 with a small side dish.
- 200 grams mung beans sprouts (rinse)
- 400 grams sprouted lentils (rinse)
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic paste (not heaped)
- 3-4 chilli, chopped
- 1.5 lemons, squeeze the juice
- coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- fry onion for 5 minutes in a large pan
- add lemon juice and fry 5 more
- add chilli and garlic and few 3-4 minutes
- chuck in tomatoes and a bit of water, cook till jammy, stir frequently
- add spice and stir, then add the washed sprouts and mix well. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- take of heat, mix in coriander
Serve with... anything really. Chapati, soft tortilla, toast, dahi, whatever. Goes well on toasted sourdough.