The basic aloo sabzi. If made right, its awesome. This is the staple breakfast/lunch/camping/everything Pakistani dish.
- 4-6 potatoes
- 2-3 tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 tsp cumin seeds
- coriander, chopped
- optional: two fresh chillis
- 1/2 tsp chilli or better yes 1/2 tsp fresh indian chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt (1 tsp per cup of daal)
- 1/4 tsp haldi
- heat some oil, fry cumin seeds till sizzling and turning brown
- optional: slice a chilli down the middle and toss it in
- add potatoes, stir, add spices and stir throughly
- toss in tomatoes, stir, then add a tbsp or two of water, lower heat, cover and leave to simmer
- dish is done once potatoes are nice and soft but not falling apart. anywhere from 15-25 minutes.
- once done, take of heat and sprinkle coriander